COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information that we collect directly from you:
Sophion may collect information that identifies you or that can be used to contact or distinguish you as an individual (“Personal Information”).
- We collect Personal Information about you to provide you with services or information you request, or to facilitate commercial engagements with you.
- We will only collect Personal Information about you that is necessary for one or more of our legitimate business purposes or is required by law.
- Information from mails, phonecalls or other types of communication may be stored in our CRM system to ensure that we have the full context of communication. Information may be stored for both Sophion customers and users, but also for persons who have expressed interest in our products.
The following are examples of Personal Information that we may collect directly from you:
- Contact details (e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address etc.)
- Communication preferences
- Business information, including employment history, education history, qualifications, occupation and areas of specialization
Other Information that we collect
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected when visiting our website. Generally, these types of data elements (“Other Information”) do not reveal your identity or do not relate directly to you or any other individual.
This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Sophion website.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect any sensitive personal information
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By providing your Personal Information, you agree that, where it is permitted by local and international law, we may use your Personal Information:
- to respond to your requests
- to improve our level of service
- to communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, facsimile, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging
- to notify you of our new products and services and to provide you with product news and updates, promotional materials or newsletters, tips, or other helpful information
- to seek your views on our products and services
- to improve the content or personalize our communications
- to consider your application for employment
- for our own administrative and quality assurance purposes, such as to perform data analysis to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our communication and general operation of the website;
- for other purposes that may be detailed on this policy.
If you contact us regarding a product experience, we may use the Personal Information you provide to generate complaint reports.
We may use your Personal Information for marketing-related activities, including to communicate with you about our products, services, and company and to invite your participation in engagement opportunities (e.g. surveys).
SHARING AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Sharing of information
Sophion will not give, sell, rent, or lease any personal data to third parties without consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties, as listed below, if they provide us with key business services.
Sophion may disclose Personal Information to our affiliated companies for the purposes described in this privacy notice, including for marketing purposes, and to be consistent with our goal of providing our consumers with the superior product and consumer experience that our customers have come to expect from us around the globe. Affiliates are those companies that are under common control of our parent company Sophion Bioscience A/S.
Sophion may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers who provide services to us, such as: Shipping of products, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services. If we allow a third party to have access to your Personal Information, they will only be permitted access for purposes that are consistent with this privacy notice and will be required to protect your Personal Information in accordance with all applicable data protection laws.
Retention of information
We retain your Personal Information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have the rights and choices regarding Sophion’s processing of your Personal Information
Manage email. You may elect to receive email updates about developments regarding Sophion. If you decide, at any later time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may unsubscribe to any such contact list by using the “Unsubscribe” links within the electronic communication channel
Manage cookies. Most web browsers allow control of cookies through the browser settings. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, if you do not accept a cookie, certain elements of the website may not function correctly or completely.
Access/review/update Personal Information. If you become aware that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or out of date, or if you would like to access, update or review your information, you may contact us using the contact information below. We will attempt to provide the requested information or make requested changes to the extent allowable by applicable privacy or other laws. In any event, we will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible, to advise you of the outcome of your request.
Remove Personal Information. You may request the removal of previously provided Personal Information at any time using the contact information below.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Sophion welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. You are always welcome to write to us at through our contact formulas on Sophion.com or contact us directly